Household property worth thousands of Kwacha has been reduced to ashes after fire swept through a house in Lusaka’s Chawama compound.

A Komboni radio news crew that rushed to the scene yesterday found the tenant and the land lord trying to salvage what had remained in the inferno.

According to the tenant identified as Leonard Kabwe who was flanked by his wife and the landlord Mathews Hajiinya, disclosed that the fire started around 09 hours from the main bedroom.

Mr Kabwe who was in state of shock suspects that the fire could have been as a result of bad electric wiring of the house.

He explained that fire fighters from the Lusaka City council only turned up an hour later after the inferno had been quenched by the neighbours.

What's your reaction?

Leave a Comment