FIRE SWEEPS THROUGH A HOUSE IN TEN MILES AREA, BURNING HOUSEHOLD PROPERTY WORTH THOUSANDS OF KWACHA

BY KALALUKA MUSHAUKWA

A family of Ten Miles area in Chibombo district has been left homeless after fire swept through their house and gutted household property worth millions of Kwacha.

A Komboni radio news crew that rushed to the scene found the family watching helplessly as they were trying to salvage what had remained behind.

And the visibly disturbed owner of the house Celeste Sichone explained that the fire started around 09 hours yesterday from the ceiling board in what is suspected to be an electric fault.

By broadcast time, the fire had already been quenched by residents and the fire brigade who allegedly arrived at the scene late.

Meanwhile, Mrs Sichone has appealed to well-wishers to assist her family in any way possible as all their household property has been burnt down.

And residents in the area have castigated the fire brigade for arriving at the fire accident late.

The angry residents charged that had the fire fighters arrived on time, a lot of household properties would have been saved from burning.

Ends/KM

 

Posted in Local News.

Leave a Reply