Household property worth millions of kwacha has been reduced to ashes after fire swept through a house in Lusaka’s Meanwood Phase 4 area.

According to eye witnesses, the fire which is believed to have been ignited by a spark from the ceiling board started around 10 hours.

One of the neighbours Mr Milimo Mweene narrated to a Komboni Radio news crew that that rushed to the scene that he noticed a huge smoke coming from the rooftop and alerted other residents in the community.

Mr. Mweene disclosed that when the fire started most of the family members were not at home and only children were present.

By the time the fire brigade was arriving at the scene all the household property had already been burnt down.

Meanwhile, the residents have expressed concern over the dilapidated state of roads in that community which they said contributed to failure by the fire brigade to reach at the accident scene on time.

And efforts to get a comment from the owner of the house failed as he was too emotional to talk to our news crew.


What's your reaction?

Leave a Comment