HOUSE GUTTED BY FIRE IN KAUNDA SQUARE STAGE TWO

Household property worth thousands of Kwacha has been reduced to ashes after fire swept through a house in Lusaka’s Kaunda Square Stage two.

The inferno that started around 14hours is suspected to have been caused by an electric fault.

Mr EPSON MIYOBA who confirmed the sad development to Komboni Radio news says he was alerted by the smoke that was coming from his neighbor’s house who was not present at the time.

Mr Miyoba explained that he quickly alerted other residents in the community who rushed to the scene to put out the fire adding that one person was injured in the process as he tried to open the door to the house.

The victim has since been rushed to Levy Mwanawasa General Hospital for medical attention.

He further disclosed that by the time fire fighters from the Lusaka City Council were arriving at the scene, residents had already managed to put out the fire.

End/Komboni/KM

Posted in Local News.

Leave a Reply